The central library can be found on the first floor of the Town Hall wing. Spjelkavik branch can be found on the ground floor of the Moa health centre. The library is an active source of information and guidance. If you are wondering about something - speak to one of the library’s staff.
Facts about our services and what you can expect from us
- free lending
- we offer an efficient and helpful service
- provide a wide selection of new titles and are interested in yoursuggestions
- we make current local and national government information available
- we obtain available items from other libraries when you need this
- we reply within 10 working days to your request for items the library does not own
- we answer extensive and difficult questions within 3 working days
We expect that
- you follow the library’s lending regulations
- you comply to borrowing deadlines, so that items can become available for other borrowers
- you replace lost or damaged items
- you follow the library’s Internet regulations
What the library provides
- a good and varied selection of fiction and non-fiction
- newspapers, periodicals and government information
- books in foreign languages
- audio books, music and films
- language courses
- books, newspapers and periodicals for immigrant groups
- departments for children and young people
- a local history department, including a microfilm reader for newspapers, census returns and church records (central library only)
- reading rooms for studying (central library only)
- a conference room for hire (central library only)
Services on the Internet
- home page covering available services in the library
- catalogue search (choose English at the bottom of the page)
- MappaMi – a service for maintaining your loans, reservations etc. (Choose English at the bottom of the page)
- links to other information and literature sites
Who can borrow?
Everyone aged 6 and over with a permanent address can receive a borrower’s card. Borrowers aged 6 to 15 need to have their registrations signed by a parent or guardian. Please inform us of any changes to your address, e-mail, telephone number or the loss of your card. Always have your card with you!
Borrowing is free
– But late returns will be charged! There are fines for reminders and loss of lending card. You will find current fines in our lending rules. Fines are changed by local government decesion.
After two reminders you will receive a replacement claim for the item in question. If you do not pay the replacement or return the item, the claim will be sent to debt recovery. The fines must be paid to the library. The library is not responsible for damage to equipment resulting from the use of library items like dvds and cds. Borrowing will be denied until a breach of lending rules has been resolved. We draw your attention to the fact that the items are protected with burglar alarm. You are responsible for everything borrowed with your card.